We’re Alchemy and we’re changing the world with software + science
We are an industry-specific cloud software company helping the $1 trillion specialty chemicals industry embrace digital transformation to accelerate innovations in chemistry. If you love advanced technologies, science, business software, and ambitious teams, we’d love to hear from you. With dual headquarters in San Francisco and Novi Sad, Serbia, we are a global company serving customers all over the world.
To learn more visit www.alchemy.cloud
Reporting to the Head of Sales, the Sales Development Representative will be responsible for executing essential elements of Alchemy’s Account-Based Sales (ABS) plan. As a key member of our small but critical Go to Market team, you will own many aspects of the process that converts firms in our target prospect segments into qualified sales pipeline - that’s right, dollars will be attributed to your daily work.
In this role, you will become an expert on what characteristics make a great prospect for Alchemy's Lab Operating System, what keeps them from doing their job effectively, where they research potential solutions to these problems, the consideration criteria they use to narrow down their list of solutions and, ultimately, what motivates them to buy. You will use this intimate knowledge of our prospects - coupled with creative flair and a process-obsessed approach to outreach - to generate leads for the Sales team.
- Researching prospective accounts to better understand what they care about as an organization, their stated corporate goals and who they’ve hired to achieve them.
- Developing outbound connection strategies, powered by your research, to draw in potential buyers and solicit new prospects based on the fit between what they care about and what Alchemy has to offer.
- Initiating contact with prospects through a data-driven mix of cold calls, emails, LinkedIn messages (and other tactics that you’ll help to introduce and perfect).
- Creating relationships with prospects to identify their potential needs and qualify their interests and viability to drive sales.
- Presenting product information to prospects once you have identified their pain points and potential needs.
- Organizing follow-up conversations between prospects and Alchemy’s sales team.
- Collaborating with sales leadership and account executives to ensure the company's goals and targets are met.
- Contributing continually to the advancement of our team’s processes and ability to get our message to prospective customers as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Owning this entire process from start to finish with superb documentation and by leveraging Alchemy’s software stack.
- You’ve done some selling in the past and have the ability and desire to become great at software sales
- You have a passion for material science and the impact chemistry has on our daily lives (sure, you might have a degree in Chemistry or related sciences that reflect that interest...but it isn’t a nonstarter if you don’t)
- You’re an exceptional communicator, and understand being a great listener is critical to great communication
- You’re self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit (if you are able to find motivation in temporary setbacks - because there will be some - that’s a BIG plus)
- Your aptitude for learning is off the charts and you are hungry for more
- You’re a pragmatic self-starter; an outcomes-oriented person who can juggle multiple workstreams at once, loves to problem-solve, and can efficiently guide a collaborative process from concept to successful execution.
- You thrive on challenges and take pride in being an excellent teammate.
- You have a passion for growth, excellence, and continuous improvement.
- A compensation plan that generously rewards high performance with unlimited upside to generating qualified meetings for the Alchemy Sales organization
- Work with the smartest people in the industry Flexible vacation policy
- Top health insurance benefits for you and your family (if needed)
- A close-knit international team you will soon think of as "family"
- A once-in-a-lifetime career opportunity that gets better as the company grows
Our Operating Principles
- Initiative - we have a shared bias for action.
- Transparency - we clearly communicate what we are working on and why.
- Accountability - we take individual and collective responsibility for what we do.
- Trust - we trust that our team members will deliver as promised.
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies for U.S. positions. If you have a candidate interested in Alchemy, they should apply directly below or at email@example.comApply NowBack to current openings
Alchemy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.