We’re Alchemy and we’re changing the world with software + science
We are an industry-specific cloud software company helping the $1 trillion specialty chemicals industry embrace digital transformation to accelerate innovations in chemistry. If you love advanced technologies, science, business software, and ambitious teams, we’d love to hear from you. With dual headquarters in San Francisco and Novi Sad, Serbia, we are a global company serving customers all over the world.
To learn more visit www.alchemy.cloud
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Client Development, the Business Development Representative will be responsible for executing essential elements of Alchemy’s Account-Based Sales (ABS) strategy. As a key member of our rapidly scaling Go to Market team, you will own many aspects of the process that converts firms in our target prospect segments into qualified sales pipeline - yes, this means a measurable impact will be attributed to your daily work.
In this role, you will become an expert on what characteristics make a great prospect for Alchemy's Lab Operating System, what keeps them from doing their job effectively, where they research potential solutions to these problems, the consideration criteria they use to narrow down their list of solutions, and, ultimately, what motivates them to make the switch to a better way of working with Alchemy. You will use this intimate knowledge of our prospects - coupled with creative flair and a process-obsessed approach to outreach - to generate qualified leads for the Sales team.
- Researching prospective accounts to better understand what they care about, their stated corporate goals and who they’ve hired to achieve them.
- Developing outbound connection strategies, powered by your research, to draw in potential buyers and solicit new prospects based on the fit between what they care about and what Alchemy has to offer.
- Initiating contact with prospects through a data-driven mix of cold calls, tailored emails, LinkedIn messages (and other tactics that you’ll help to introduce and perfect).
- Creating relationships with prospects to identify their potential needs and qualify their interests and viability to drive sales.
- Presenting product information to prospects once you have identified their pain points and potential needs.
- Organizing follow-up conversations between prospects and Alchemy’s sales team.
- Collaborating with sales leadership, marketing and account executives to ensure the company's goals and targets are met.
- Partnering with marketing and account executives to provide feedback on collateral needed to facilitate the process of outreach and increase prospect engagement and meeting conversion.
- Contributing continually to the advancement of our team’s processes and ability to get our message to prospective customers as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Owning this entire process from start to finish with superb documentation and by leveraging Alchemy’s software stack.
- You’ve done some selling in the past and have the ability and desire to become great at software sales
- You have a passion for material science and the impact chemistry has on our daily lives (sure, you might have a degree in Chemistry or related sciences that reflect that interest...but it isn’t a nonstarter if you don’t)
- You’re an exceptional communicator and understand that a core element of exceptional communication is being able to listen attentively and implement feedback accordingly.
- You’re self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit (if you are able to find motivation in temporary setbacks - because there will be some - that’s a BIG plus)
- Your aptitude for learning is off the charts and you are hungry for more
- You learn from your mistakes and enhancements to your process over time reflect that; if you need help you ask and when someone thinks they can help, you are eager to hear their input and implement where appropriate.
- You’re a pragmatic self-starter; an outcomes-oriented person who can juggle multiple workstreams at once, loves to problem-solve, and can efficiently guide a collaborative process from concept to successful execution.
- You thrive on challenges and take pride in being an excellent teammate.
- You have a passion for growth, excellence, and continuous improvement.
What We Offer
- A compensation plan that generously rewards high performance with unlimited upside to generating qualified meetings for the Alchemy Sales organization
- Working with and learning from some of the smartest people in the industry
- Flexible vacation policy
- Top health insurance benefits for you and your family (if needed)
- A close-knit international team you will soon think of as "family"
- A once-in-a-lifetime career opportunity that gets better as the company grows
Qualities We Value
- Initiative - we have a shared bias for action.
- Transparency - we clearly communicate what we are working on and why.
- Accountability - we take individual and collective responsibility for what we do.
- Trust - we trust that our team members will deliver as promised.
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies for U.S. positions. If you have a candidate interested in Alchemy, they should apply directly below or at email@example.com