Alchemy is looking for a Head of Strategic Finance who is excited to build a world-class team and set of processes to support our company’s growth. The person who fills this role will work closely with our CEO to set up our internal processes, tech stack and team to run finance, accounting, revenue operations, procurement, and administration. We’re looking for a passionate, ambitious, data-driven and collaborative finance professional who is ready to run the show.
The ideal candidate loves finance and accounting, demonstrates extreme attention to detail and is also people- and operations-oriented. The Head of Strategic Finance will own AR/AP, closing the books monthly, financial planning and forecasting, functional metricing, payroll, managing incentive comp plans, managing the accounting and operations of our wholly owned subsidiaries, and participate in board deck preparation and fundraising with the company founders.
This position offers a unique opportunity to play a critical role in Alchemy’s success as it continues to grow 4x year on year. This position is best filled by a resourceful individual with an owner's mindset who is excited to scale up Alchemy’s finance, accounting and administrative operations. Financial and accounting acumen, strategic thinking, analytical skills, technical and operating vision, and the ability to work effectively and enthusiastically with a growing global team are critical.
- Lead our accounting and finance processes and team
- Execute budgeting, forecasting and long-term planning
- Set up and manage to annual and quarterly business objectives for your function
- Project and then analyze actuals relative to budget, forecast and prior year
- Perform cohort analyses
- Work collaboratively with and support senior stakeholders on all business reviews and functional decision making by providing timely, detailed and meaningful insights and visibility on functional business performance
- Perform ad hoc analyses when required to assist in management decision making within each function
- Identify areas for technology adoption to enhance insights and scale operations
- Manage banking relationships, cash management and other treasury related activities
- Ensure compliance with financial processes, systems and policies
- Manage corporate payroll process including incentive comp plans in multiple countries
- Mange all outside vendors providing services to Alchemy’s finance and accounting department, including tax and audit
- Drive our internal procurement process
- Ensure best-in-class corporate record keeping
- Explain complex financial data in a simple way, across our organization
- Represent Alchemy in a manner consistent with our company brand, business principles and ethics
- Completion of investment banking or other financial analyst program or 2 years at an accounting firm
- 2+ years at a SaaS company with deep knowledge of US accounting laws
- An extroverted, people-oriented, operations-oriented accounting and finance professional
- A super ambitious person who wants to learn and build deep skills in revenue ops, corporate procurement and administration in addition to core accounting and finance
- Demonstrated experience as a trusted advisor to the CEO
- Ability to gain executive trust across functions and understand functional operations intimately enough to translate them into financial projections
- Passion for finance and accounting as well as the supporting software and technology that can aid in scaling finance and accounting processes
- Highly organized and process oriented
- Tenacity and drive to achieve functional milestones as well as other OKR targets for the function
- Highly self-motivated and collaborative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Love of learning and entrepreneurial spirit with a bias for action
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies for U.S. positions. If you have a candidate interested in Alchemy, they should apply directly below or at email@example.comApply NowBack to current openings
Alchemy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.